Activation Announcement – CJRS Portal
The Government have made an important update for companies that have furloughed staff. Essentially, the HMRC planned online portal for claiming employee salaries will become active on 20th April 2020.
HMRC have stipulated that you will need to provide the following to make a claim:
- The bank account number and sort code you’d like HMRC to use when we pay your claim.
- The name and phone number of the person in your business for HMRC to call with any questions.
- Your Self-Assessment UTR (Unique Tax Reference), Company UTR or CRN (Company Registration Number).
- The name, employee number and National Insurance number for each of your furloughed employees.
- The total amount being claimed for all employees and the total furlough period.
HMRC’s customer service interface will likely experience tremendous pressure when the portal goes live, hence why the portal has been designed to be a self-serve function. Within this in mind, please be assured that if you do any guidance or assistance, White Hart Associates are here to support you with this process.
It is worth noting that HMRC have confirmed that where agent authority is in place with HMRC for PAYE matters, agents will be able to make the claim on behalf of their clients. If agents or payroll bureaus are ‘file only agents’ i.e. file payroll with no HMRC authority, they will not be able to make the claim.
As always, White Hart Associates remain committed to supporting all of our clients through these turbulent times, and as such, would like to encourage you to contact us should you need any guidance or assistance with this process.
Additionally, we will keep you updated as and when announcements are made by the Government via our emails and blog entries.